Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Finally, I have my Tonsil removed.

I went for Tonsillectomy on the 12May. Yes, It was painful. Even so, the pain was worthwhile. At least, I am not going to have tonsillitis in the future, during Chinese new year, oversea trip(Bangkok, Thanks Sharlene and shuzhen), examination, tests (work related).

I was lucky to have two ladies went with me for the whole day, my mum and my girlfriend. My girlfriend took 2 days leave just to take care of me, how sweet of her.

When I stepped in the operation theatre, I saw personal in blue operation wear and cover their month with mask and head with a white cap.

My heart was heavy, when I saw the operation table. There was two giant lamp right above the head board and numbers of condition monitoring equipments. Sound from those equipments was heard clearly, di di di ... . At that moment, it was like, I am going for a major operation.

I was in the theatre for 3mins and everybody was busy with their own job scope to prepare for the operation. Therefore, I relax myself and enjoy the air-con. Until a tall guy came in to the theatre, He is Dr Paul, I presumed. The doctor-in-charge of my operation. As he walked in, he asked 'Is anybody ready?' The reply from the mass was 'yes'. Then Dr Paul said 'Let's do it'.

Immediately, after that statement. A mask with a tube attached to a machine was placed on my nose, I counted 1...2...3... . The next moment, I was outside the operation theatre with a bad sore throat and a click on my finger(for monitoring). That's it! DONE! A while later, I was pushed back to the day ward, on the way back, I saw my mum and girlfriend waiting for me. How fortunate I am.

I was forgiven a few small cups of apple juice and ice cream after I was pushed back 45mins later.
That was around 1230pm. As I need to stay in the hospital for at least 6hours after the operation, I lay on the bed and rest with my mum and girlfriend by my bed side.

The waiting was long, as I didn't want to stay on bed anymore. I went to watch TV at the day ward recreational area around 1815, the program was Tong Xin Yuan on channel8. It was around 1830 when I watch the news, then I know there was an earthquake at china. What a disaster!

I was discharged around 1845.

For the next few days, my diet was mee sua, porridge, ice cream and cold barley. Everything was all right and I was on the way to recovery, until 20May(Tues) 9pm, when I felt something big inside under my tongue. I was shocked when I cough it out. It was blood clot. After the clot, fresh dark red blood came along. I was then rushed to the A&E in AH by taxi. On the way, blood kept surging out from my month. I estimated about 100ml of blood were wasted.

Upon arriving at the hospital the bleed stopped. The doctor attended to me shortly, and I was told to stay for 1hour for observation. After which, I was told by the doctor that I am fit to go home, and if it starts to bleed again get an ice and put it inside my month. I went home with my mum and a bag of medication on a taxi. When I reach home, it was 130am. What a shocking experience.

No comments: